Monday, January 19, 2015

Warriors....

Welcome to I Brake For Stamps Monday!!  I had an emotional weekend and, in the middle of it all, this card emerged!

My beloved Packers fought a good fight......and, then, they stopped or so it would seem and, well, the rest is just history!  I still love them, though!

I started this project with some watercolor paper and Dylusions ink (I may be stuck in Dylusions land....).  I love creating Mixed Media canvases so, I thought I'd treat this card front like a canvas.

My girls are from the stamp sheet, Fashionistas, and I just find them to be all warrior like.  I added some extra stamping from the Diamonds Half Sheet.  I inked up the diamond backgrounder by rubbing/dabbing white acrylic paint on to the stamp surface.  It was thicker in some places and ended up providing some extra dimension and tonality.  Also, because the watercolor paper was saturated with ink (and still a bit wet) I found that the application of paint and, later mod podge, drew some of the ink's pigmentation into the paint and glue.  I like the effect it created and, even more, I like that it was complete happenstance :)

The warriors were stamped once (in archival black ink) directly to the watercolor paper and then again, on an old book page.  After trimming the images, I applied them to the card front using mod podge.

Be happy.
Be Bright.
BE YOU!

It's a whole new week---don't forget to be awesome!
TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment