Monday, November 5, 2018

It's About Relationship....And, Cookies

Hello, Sweet Friends!  My post today is mostly about cookies and art, kids and home.  I had a nice weekend of celebrating my oldest's birthday and watching football.  I'm not a super hard core football fan, but I am a fan of my kid.  He's a huge sports fan. He once said he wanted me to be excited about the things he's excited about (aka the Pittsburgh Steelers and other various teams).  That's what we do, right?  For the ones we love, we watch their stuff or read their books or listen to their music.  I also have a wide repertoire of rap music I listen to--some I like, others I tolerate and most I abhor, but I listen to it when I'm with him because he genuinely wants to share it with me.  It comes down to relationship and that is something I can totally get on board with.  If I'm honest, it makes me a better person and I like how he has pushed me outside of my comfort zone at times.  He's one of the most interesting people I know and I love spending time with him.  We've had great conversations in the most unlikely of situations.  I will always grab the time when it's there.  Without.  Fail.

For me, it's about family and home so naturally, this time of year is my favorite since it's also about home and family.  We'll be hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year.  I'm excited.  We were blessed with a ridiculously large home about five years ago and nothing makes me happier than having the ones I love all gathered together here. 

But, my crafting thoughts are already on Christmas!  I'm loving this new set from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps, Christmas Cookies.  I started by stamping and embossing cookie images on watercolor paper for both cards.  I colored in the images using distress inks and added some glittery glue to each one.  On the top card, I didnt want to cover up any of the background so I added a sentiment using Christmas Wishes on a piece of velum.  The second card features a sentiment from Home For the Holidays.

Don't forget there's a birthday celebration going on right now at Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps.  You can save on all of the November releases as part of the current promotion.  Be sure to learn more and stayed tuned for fun and savings all month long!!

Enjoy!  Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment