Saturday, January 16, 2016

How Sweet It Is....

Happy Saturday, Sweet Friends!  Sweet N Sassy stamps rolled out 21 new digital images yesterday and it is time to play!!  Be sure to see the entire digital image release and stop by the SNSS Blog for lots of inspiration!

I have to admit, I haven't always been on board the digi train.  But once you step out beyond the box, you discover a whole new world of options!  One great thing about digi images is that their purchase involves almost no wait time.  Who doesn't seek some instant gratification once in a while?  The other great feature offered by digital images is the ability to manipulate them for sizing and layout.

The biggest barrier for me and digital images has been my printer.  It does matter, for sure, but similar to choosing inks and coloring medium using traditional stamps, the type of printer ink will dictate coloring options.  My samples have been printed using an Canon inkjet printer, 80lb white card stock and distress inks using a water color method. 

The candy card, above, features images from the Sweet As Candy digital set.  I added some extra interest with Grunge Elements 2 clear set on the background and a sentiment from Candy Sentiments 1.

My second card is also a hybrid creation combining stamp and digital images.  The focal image, Cocoa Sends Love, is a digital image complimented by sentiments from Valentine Critters Clear Stamp set and Bottom of My Heart Clear Stamp set.  The cute little heart embellishment also comes from Bottom of My Heart Clear Stamp set and the matching dies.  To create my hilly background, I used the Hillside Edges Dies to trim two complimentary pieces of designer paper scrap.

Be sure to check out the entire digital image selection!  Once you get started, it's a little hard to stop......;)

Be awesome!  Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment