Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Be A Daymaker.....

Happy Wednesday, Sweet Friends!  Today is Sweet N Sassy Stamps day here on my blog.  I'm so glad you decided to stop by!  Sweet N Sassy Stamps is moving and shaking--I'm sure you aren't going to want to miss any of the upcoming goodies, so be sure to stay tuned!

I want to bend your ear just a little bit about being a Daymaker today!  Read this story; it touched my heart.  It was written by David Wagner--the founder of the Daymaker Movement:

"It only takes a moment to make someone's day - to become a Daymaker. Sometimes those moments even change lives as I discovered a number of years ago. I was working in my salon one day when a client came in to have her hair styled. I was surprised to see her since it was right in the middle of her five-week period between haircuts. I figured that she must have an important social engagement, so I asked her about her evening plans.

"I don't have anything special going on," she told me. "I just want to look and feel good tonight."
I gave her a great scalp massage, then shampooed and styled her hair. During our 30 minutes together, we joked and laughed. At the end, she smiled radiantly, hugging me goodbye.

A few days later I received a letter from this client and began to realize the enormous potential of Daymaking. My client admitted that she had wanted her hair styled so it would look good for her own funeral. She had planned to commit suicide that evening. But the wonderful time she had during our appointment had given her hope that things could get better. She decided to check herself into the hospital and get professional help. She thanked me for caring, even though I hadn't known what she was going through. She wrote "thank you for being there without knowing that you were."

You can read and learn more about the Daymaker movement here.  I interact in my world, under this philosophy, often.  My kids often comment when I start a conversation with someone in the grocery store..."do you know that person, mom?"  Usually, I don't.  You just never know when a smile or a kindness will transform someone else's day.

I like to use my art to reach out, too!  The above project was completed using Sweet N Sassy Stamp's Bottom of My Heart stamps and dies.  I cut two differently sized circles from both the base and card front then pieced it all together using baker's twine and die cuts.  It's a fun card sure to brighten someone's day!

What will you do to be a Daymaker today?
Be Awesome!  Jane

I got crafty with:

No comments:

Post a Comment