Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Unity {be inspired} Challenge--Love Home!

I'm playing along for the first time in the Unity {be inspired} Challenge!  I created this 8" x 10" canvas using both the color and scrapbook layout inspiration.  Stamps, of course, are mostly from Unity.  They are:  Heartfelt Warmth, Shade Tree, Shurberry Tree, and Distressed Quilt.  The checkerboard accent is from a Tim Holtz distressing set.

I paper pieced the house using both cardstock and a book page--I love the way book pages add interest to my projects.  I also used various designer paper patterns--muting the grassy hills and background a bit with gesso.  After applying the gesso, I used a baby wipe to remove a good deal of it, leaving an almost frosted look. 

Finally, I added a few "gift with purchase" sequins....thanks, Unity!  You inspire me so much!

TTFN, Jane

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found this! Just gorgeous! I'm trying my hand at my first canvas tomorrow! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful canvas! It looks great. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete