Saturday, September 2, 2023

Friends of Unity September Blog Hop

 

Happy Saturday, Friends!  I hope you are enjoying a relaxing long weekend and can enjoy our technique themed inspiration hop! I’ve chosen three simple techniques that can add interest to any project and are both fun and easy. 

If you’ve not started at the beginning of the Friends of Unity Blog Hop, you can visit Crystal’s Blog so you are sure not to miss a thing!  I’m super excited for this one and cannot wait to see what all of my talented hopper friends have created 😍

My first project features the Bokeh Background technique.  You can easily find many different tutorials for this background in forums like Splitcoast Stampers or Pinterest. I simply laid down color using several different distress inks. Next, I created a “stencil” with a piece of cardstock and different sized circle punches. I applied white craft ink in the different sized circles in a random pattern over the background. The white ink creates a soft blur that imitates this “out of focus” technique used in photography and other aesthetic art forms. 

Featuring: Spring Flower Chic and Do More Awesome which I think I got in a grab bag— sorry, I can’t link to this exact stamp 😉

My second technique is masking. There are fluids and sheets you can use to create masks. I did get some super fantastic masking paper from the Unity store a while back. But, when all else fails and I need a quick mask, I use post it notes!  You just have to be sure to stamp where the sticky part is. This is a great way to create layers and depth. 


Using Keep Planting Seeds, I stamped the Apple Farm sign image first, masked it off and then stamped the larger tree image behind it.  This is one of my favorite techniques!

Finally, my last project features Windowsill and the spot lighting technique. I just love this scene ❤️

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments ❤️
The next stop on the hop is Joyce’s Blog.  Enjoy!
TTFN, Jane

14 comments:

  1. Love the subtle background for your bokeh technique! I hadn't really thought of masking as a technique, but it sure is!! Love your second card! And spot light is a favorite technique! Love your sweet card with the kitty! All amazing, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh never thought of that spotlight like that. Very very cute. Love these ideas. You got me thinkin. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are outstanding! I love them all. I have always wanted to try the Bokeh technique, thank you for the reminder! The image is just gorgeous and the way you colored her. The masking and spotlight cards are super great techniques too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these beautiful cards! The bokeh effect is so pretty. I'll have to use that technique. I also use post it notes to mask - but I do simple designs. I think your spotlight card is my favorite! It is just too cute and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Jane! All are awesome! Love the spotlight & bokeh technique. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Jane, especially the cat one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous ways to do
    your cards. Love the
    spotlight technic.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cards! I love each technique you shared. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Three different techniques! All are very nicely done. I keep meaning to try the spotlight technique, but it keeps slipping my mind. Thanks for reminding me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What great cards! I love how you spotlighted the windowsill card, and you've inspired me to do the bokeh technique again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty cards!! I may have to try your bokeh technique! I had not tried that before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all three but the spotlight card is very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome techniques! I especially love the background you created with the bokeh technique... great colors and an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete