Monday, October 5, 2015

Silhouette Thanks

Happy Monday, Friends!!  I Brake For Stamps is a great way to start each week!  Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to!  This week, my IBFS share features one of my most favorite silhouette images and bisters!

I am always trying to think of new ways to use my bisters.  My goal is always to maintain the color saturation of each color. I started by scattering bisters on my non-stick kraft sheet.  I placed a stencil over the top of the sprinkled bisters and then misted the entire area.  From this process, I was able to pull two nicely (and uniquely) colored background pieces.  Neither has a distinct stencil design, but I'm good with it.  The stencil simply helped to create an interesting pattern in the ink flow vs. a specific design.

For the piece above, I added a final spray of water to blend the inks a bit more.  When it was thoroughly dry, I stamped Floral Silhouette Bouquet several times with Ranger Archival Ink.  This is my favorite black ink because of the intensity of the black image it provides. 

To finish things off, I added some pearl accents, washi tape, baker's twine and a sentiment.  You'll find the sentiment, Thanks So Much, here.  There's lots more good stuff like this over in the store--I recommend just strolling around!  Have fun and be awesome!  TTFN--Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment