Thursday, September 10, 2015

Your Heart and My Heart.....

Happy Thursday, my peeps!!!  Thanks for joining me today for a Technique Junkie share!  I was immediately drawn to this Old Friend image from Technique Junkie stamps from the minute I saw it.  It perfectly captures that feeling I've been lucky to have a few times in my life---the knowing of somebody who so completely gets you. 

I saw this great little technique online (a Unity Stamps video) and wanted to give it a go.  I'm not really sure that it had/has an official name, so I'm referring to it as Tape Texture.  It maybe something that has been around since time began, but it was new to me so I feel kinda like a pioneer!  :)  It adds dimension and interest--which, like with your personality, is ALWAYS a good thing! 

I started with a precut tag and some masking tape.  After covering the tag with randomly sized bits of tape, I applied gesso to the whole thing.  When the gesso was completely dry, I added various distress inks to colorize and highlight the texture added by the tape.  I added my stamped image, Old Friend, over the top and let it dry completely.  When I got around to using the tag, I decided on a card, adding some extra hot pink ink (Pink Carmine, Faber Castell PITT pen, to be specific) around the edges to tie it to the base cardstock a bit more.  I created a background using panels of Sea Waves.  I like the contrast between the vintage image of Old Friends and the somewhat cartoony nature of Sea Waves---yes, that's a word!  I decided to stop apologizing for my sequin obsession.  I just got a HUGE mixed bucket of them so, they will be my go to for the next decade--at least.  It's better than those fancy cutting scissors.  The scattering a sequins was the finishing touch and really seemed to pull the whole piece together, as usual :)

Have a great day, and don't forget to be awesome!  TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment