Thursday, September 3, 2015

Little One...

Happy September!  We are well on our way to bonfires, falling leaves, football and hot chocolate! I completely love this time of the year!  I'm currently ignoring the fact that it has been near 90 for the last two days and my air is still on---I will still shop for sweatshirts and warm socks!! 

So.....I've had this frame sitting in my Studio for....many years.  Yes, years.  It was super cheap, I got it at Target on clearance.  It had a few dings in it, but I forked over the $1.83 anyway and just knew it was going to be fabulous.  I've long forgotten the first idea I had all those years ago to transform it into something fabulous, but thought I'd have another go at it!  I sanded down the edges to "hide" the dings and poof! shabby artwork all set to go!

I decided to use the brand new set from Sweet N Sassy Stamps, Little One, to stylize the different sections of the frame.....I wanted to try a marbling technique I saw demonstrated by the fabulous Lydia from Understand Blue on Splitcoaststampers.  The technique utilizes a MISTI, but I don't have one....sniff...boo hoo!  The big selling point years ago, for clear stamps, was that you could see through them and thus, two (or three) step stamping would be a breeze!  So, I gave it a whirl....The marbling technique was done on the carriage image.  I layered three different distress inks on that particular image.  I like the dimension it adds and it was pretty easy to line it all up......I still might need a MISTI, though....

Don't forget to be awesome!

TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment