Tuesday, March 5, 2019

These Things I Have Spoken....


"....that in me ye might have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

As we prepare for the celebration of Easter, let us learn to focus on the One who offers of peace.  Peace in the tribulation.  Peace for our weary souls.  Peace beyond understanding.  We are never promised trouble free lives and yet, we all have an expectancy for exactly that.  We blame God for our troubles, cry out to Him to save us from them.  What if we focused on Him in the storm?  What if all we looked for was His outstretched hand to just grab on to?  It's there.  This is truth.  I can say with complete honesty, that the storms of my life have (and will continue to) been the times when my faith has grown, my lessons learned, my discipline received.  I want a perfect life too.  My assurance is in the One who will welcome me home.

Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps is all kinds of ready for the upcoming celebration of Easter.  I created today's card using Scripture Crosses:

My background was created using a gelli plate and various stencils and do dads.  It was the final pressing and, I wasn't impressed.  But, I saved it.  I think it is a perfect back drop for this powerful statement!  I added a die cut frame with some distress ink to soften the edges and give it a shabby look.  The set contains two scripture crosses and some doodles:


I made a second card with the same paper and the other cross. I used stitching for my frame and a bible page as the mat beneath:


You can preorder your copy right now (be sure to check out the whole release) and SAVE by using my code JANE10.


Each time I've created with this one sheet of paper (more to share!), I've been reminded that I had defined this paper as garbage, waste, useless......I've said the same about myself.  I know I'm not alone.  Beauty from ashes, my friends.  Let his peace work in your life today!

TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment