Monday, January 23, 2017

Struggle.

Struggle.  It's part of the story.....Happy Monday!!

There are a lot of milestones happening around here and, you know....sometimes, that's hard.  Learning to drive, figuring out that dating thing, making it through the trials of every day...I made this card for my daughter--just a little way to celebrate and remind her that there IS value in struggle.

I love this stamp set from Unity Stamp Co., Part of the Story because it's gorgeous and truthful and resonates with me for so many reasons!

I've been experimenting with the direct to paper distress ink technique.  I've come to the conclusion that I, for sure, need more of the spot sized distress inks!!  This is such a fun technique that produces such interesting and unique outcomes.  If you aren't sure what I am talking about, take a look at  Unity Stamp Company's Quick Tips (the button is right at the top of the store website).  You'll have to scroll down a ways to find the technique I'm talking about---try not to get side tracked---LOTS of good stuff there!

Go, be inky and struggle on!  Be Amazing--Jane




2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! One of my favorite Unity kits!!! I so agree, the struggle IS part of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a LOT of truth in this cool card! Not just for teens! ;)

    ReplyDelete