Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pops Day....

Father's Day came and went with no online mention from me.....I was busy attending to the Fathers in my life.  Well, sorta...I also took a nap and went to the show :)  Anyhoooo......my Father's Day cards though, were just too cute not to share (if'n I do say so m'self)

The Hero card, I made for my Daddy.  He is my hero in so many ways.  Always an encourager, faithful, kind, compassionate.  His road has not always been easy, but he has always been steady and true.  He's a great example and, hands down, THE nicest guy you will ever know.  Oh, and smart.  Did I mention that?  Smart enough, I am sure, that he figured out how to open this out of the box card:
It might be hard to see, but there's a tiny green brad that allows the top portion of the card front to pivot.  My Pops is one of kind....kinda thought his card should be too!  Stamp credits go to Sweet N Sassy stamps for the adorable Super Dad stamp set (there are also dies to match!)

I finally broke out some of my Stampin' Up goodies to complete my second card.  This set, called
Sky is the Limit, was a Sell-A-Bration set from last year.  I combined it with a sentiment I received as part of a paper pumpkin promotion.  Sorry, I don't know how to credit the name of the set it comes from--I like how the two different fonts work together.  This card is a vintage meets new mash up!  I used the new sunburst die from Stampin' Up and also a very old cloud making tool that I've had for about a decade.  The cloud dies are also older from MFT.

I made this one for my father-in-law.  He's been close to my heart for so long, I cannot remember a time he wasn't there.  Over the years, he's been one of my biggest fans, supportive, helpful--always there!  I'm such a lucky girl ;)

That's all I got...Be Awesome!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment