Monday, February 23, 2015

To Lift You Up......


Happy Monday and, thank you, once again for joining me for my Monday I Brake For Stamps share!  It's a balmy -15 here in Wisconsin.  Thankfully, the sun is shining, but there's not much more I can positively say.....about the weather, that is!

I've got all kinds of good stuff to say about my project and who it is for!

Now, I know "boy cards" can be a struggle.  I struggle, I know others do too.  But I really wanted to use this weight lifter image from I Brake For Stamp's  Half Sheet 139A. My sweet nephew had himself a birthday and this was about as close to the WWE as I could get.  Yes, I realize weightlifting is not the same as wrestling....just imagine it's his opponent lifted high rather than barbells!  LOL!

 I've always been drawn to this image, but it is rather small.  So......"boy" card and small image?  I admit to being a bit stumped.  Stumped = loss of mojo.....so, when all else fails, I reach for my sketch binder.  I've collected sketches from a variety of sources over the years.  They are a good stepping off point when you are stumped!


Although I wanted my card to bear a sentiment, I didn't want it to be a focal point, but rather woven into the overall design.  For this reason, I created my own "designer" paper by repeatedly stamping the "Enjoy the good life" sentiment from  I Brake For Stamp's full sheet, Beach Theme on the orange cardstock.  Instead of using a watermark ink (like versamark) for a more subtle look, I went with ink the same color as the cardstock for a bolder look.  Afterward, I added a little sponging to the edges for a completed look.

To add to the masculine feel of the card, I added a designer paper and coordinating paper in tones of blue--not necessarily colors I'm drawn too, but I think all together, it works.

A few star sequins and some piercing, complete the whole thing!

So, go ahead.......try a boy card!  Someone in your life needs a paper hug!

Don't forget to be awesome!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment