Thursday, January 24, 2019

Scripture Cards


I'm always looking for new projects and ways to art and tie together the other pieces of my life that I love.  Scripture is, of course, a favorite interest.  I've been collecting my favorite verses in a note book or three for some time.  I decided to get a little more artsy using a file folder die I found while cleaning recently--somewhat like the notion of an artists trading card, but a little bit larger surface to work on.

A while ago, I made several colorful sheets using my Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate.  I knew I had saved them for a reason--this project became the perfect one!

I printed each scripture on card stock and then used Sweet N Sassy stamps, sewing, modge podge and bible pages to create these fun file folder pages.  Excitedly, I share them with my husband whose response was...."Cool!.....what do you do with them?"  Silly man.

The card above features Refresh My Soul stamp set and, from 1 Timothy 1:12, a verse that sums it all up:

 "For I know the One in whom I trust and I am sure that He is able."


I AM sure that He is able; the fruit in my life can claim no other explanation!  Stay tuned, as I am getting ready to share more of what my amazing God has done!!

Here are the rest of the cards I've completed so far:


Teacup Roses is currently on deep discount so, if you've been wanting after it, now would be the time!  See all of the discounted sets (there's lots!) HERE.

I'm going to keep going.  I don't know what I will "do with them" just yet.  It's a wonderful work of worship and a great way to memorize the Word.  I'm sure I'll figure out some kind of box or binding eventually.  For right now, in this season of my life, the more Word the better and arting the Word is just a little slice of heaven for me.

Be blessed--Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment