Monday, March 5, 2018

Great Is Thy Faithfulness


 
I'm so excited about the new release from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps!  The brand new Timeless Hymns set is contagious--I cannot look at this set with out finding a song in my heart.  I love it!  Worship is my very favorite and this set is such a great tribute to some of my most favorite hymns.  Singing makes me want to get arty so, I made this sweet little 3 x 3 canvas to feature some of my newest goodies!

I combined a sentiment from the Timeless Hymns set with the beautiful daffodil found in the Spring Blossoms set to create my mixed media canvas.  It makes me happy and hopeful just looking at it despite the blanket of deep snow that still covers my outside.  Little by little we are seeing some melt....I can barely wait to see the first flowers poking through....it'll happen soon!


To make the canvas, I first applied a layer of gesso and then added the stamped image.  To color the back ground, I used a Faber-Castell PITT pen and then moved the color around with my fingers.  I love how this created a shadowy effect.  I added color to the flower in much the same way.  To add some extra interest, I used the Stamp of the Month from Sweet 'N Sassy, Texture Tiles 1.  It's the featured free with purchase set for March:

You'll get this set--which is so versatile--FREE with your purchase of $75 or more!  This set is perfect for adding that last little something, the final touch!

Enjoy!  Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment