Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The American Noise

My world has been a little off kilter lately. I'm sure I'm not the only one and it feels good to know that I am not alone. 

I had such an urge to shut out the noise--Skillet calls it the American Noise, but we know IT knows no boundaries.  It's a human noise to be busy, to perform, to perfection, to obligation, to this thing and that thing until our heads swim and many of us feel like we just might break.  I had to shut it out.  I chose to be still, to be silent and to be found. 

I have a channel on Pandora Radio I call "Keep Making Me" so, I plugged it in and turned everything else off.  Just a girl, her God and a whole bunch of ink!  Music and art are so restorative for me.  I long for both most of the time, but lately, it was a craving that needed to be satisfied.

I'll be honest, I don't know how I will used this card, but I {heart} it so much!  It features the last of Krista Hamrick's beautiful line depicting images of our Lord.  The whole line is available at Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps.  This one is called Living Word.  It might be that the image from the book is more of a leafy plant, but for this day, it was, for me the Holy Spirit.  I combined it with my favorite sentiment found in the I Am Loved stamp set, also from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps. 

My background piece began with an embossing folder called "Fire" and a simulated watercolor technique I saw in an online video.  The concept is pretty simple--to use the folder more like a stamp.  Ink the pattern with distress inks and then lightly spritz with water.  Lay your water color paper over the top and press!  I layered many colors and used both sides of the folder at different times to produce my colorful background.  It's a fun little technique to play around with!

Today, I'm hoping that you are also able to shut out the Noise and be met.
Peace, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment