Monday, December 14, 2015

Peerless Vintage Candles.....

Happy Monday!! Here we are again.  One step closer to Christmas and all of the celebrations that go along with this festive time of the year.  This is the time of the year, when I compile my wishlist (just to make sure the hubs has the right ideas)--which certainly is full of crafty things.  Although I don't do a ton of blog hopping, I do follow a few favorite artists and check out their creations when I have some down time.  I've noticed that everyone seems to have a favorite type of water color paper and differing water color product.  So, even though my list is full of all those things, I decided it was time to finally use the few I have!  Yes, I finally managed to cut and organize my Peerless Water Colors

I love them!  Naturally, the rest of the colors (I only have 15 colors) are something I must have!!  I used them to color this wonderful vintage image from I Brake For Stamps called, strangely enough, Vintage Candle.  They were so easy to work with!  Not too shabby for my first attempt, I don't think.

I wanted the project to have a mixed media feel to it so, I added several layers and did some blending. 
After water coloring the candle image, I masked it off and stamped over the entire panel using the wood grain background from Wood Background Half Sheet, also from I Brake For Stamps.  Because my ink was also water based, I was able to go over the lines of the wood grain image to blur and blend giving the background a shabby look.  Next, I randomly inked portions of  We Wish You Background and added it to the left hand edge.  To mute the text a bit, I ran a finger full of gesso over parts of it, further adding to the overall shabby look.

When you visit the I Brake For Stamps store, don't forget to save using my code:  SAVE10JANE.  And, have yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

I hope you're feeling a bit inspired!  Go get inky and be awesome!  TTFN--Jane

1 comment: