Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Partridge In A Pear Tree.....

I won't lie.  I have no idea at all what a partridge in a pear tree has to do with Christmas.  I could ask my well trusted bestie, Google, but then, I'm not sure this is information I MUST have.  In fact, if I don't know, then I won't feel confined to using this beautiful image from Technique Junkies just at Christmas time.  You dig?

I'm on a water coloring, mixed media feeling binge lately.  This card satisfies both of my recent obsessions and I am completely in love with the soft/shabby feel of the whole thing.  I started by coloring right on to the stamp face with distress markers and then stamping on Fabriano water color paper.  Next, I ran my aqua brush over the tree trunk and branches to enhance the water colored look.

I added accent stamping with both the Fresh Chevron and French Text backgrounds, both also found at Technique Junkie Stamps.  I lightened the edges of the focal image with gesso rubbings, allowing just portions of the french script to be seen.  I love how this softened the look and feel of the card.

Truth be told, I couldn't stand it--I looked it up by the time I got to this point in my post.....The good news is, there doesn't seem to be any really significance tying partridges, pear trees or Christmas.  Wikipedia had a RRRRREEEEAAAALLLLYYYYYY long explanation of the whole 12 days thing.....I may or may not have read it.  You can decide for yourself.  I'm going to go make more art.

Be crafty.  Be inspired.  Be Awesome!  TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment