Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Flower Lunch Box Notes

Happy Day, Friends!! Thanks for stopping by to enjoy my Sweet N Sassy Stamps share for the week!  I'm a bit stuck on floral images lately.  I'm truly not much of a plant/flower person.  Not that I don't enjoy them, but I just don't know much about them.  Sometimes, I have to google a flower name just to figure out how to color it!  Other times, I just let my designer paper dictate ;)

I've been completely obsessed with the concept of lunch box notes for quite some time.  Granted, my share today will never find themselves in a lunch box.....but I just love these little 3 x 3 cards.  I created a little box to hold them also and think they would make a fun little birthday or just because gift---a hostess gift, maybe?
Sweet N Sassy's Mini Flower Block stamps are absolutely perfect for this project!  I've used Mini Flower Block 3 today, but am feeling somewhat compelled to use them all! This inside of the box is simply decorated with a strip of designer paper and sentiment from Keep In Touch, Too.
The box is secured with a belly band, also adorn with a sentiment from Keep In Touch, Too.
If you are wondering, the beautiful papers that really make this project are from a pad called Country Road from The Paper Studio.  They are the perfect compliment to the Mini Flower Block images!  I was lucky to have a stash of 3x3 envelopes from days gone by.  If you own an Envelope Punch Board, they are easy to create, too. 

The box, itself, is pretty simple too.  Just start with a strip of card stock that measures 9 1/2" x 3 1/4".  Score along the length at 2", 2 1/2", 5 3/4" and 6 1/4".  To create the sides of the box, use two pieces of card stock that measure 1" x 2".  Score both, along the 1" length at 1/4" and 3/4".  These narrow 1/4" sections will hold the adhesive and adhere to the larger card stock to create the "pocket" you see holding the cards.  The belly band should measure 1" x 8 1/2" and can be scored at 2", 2 1/2", 5 3/4" and 6 1/4" also.  Have fun finishing things off!

Don't forget to be awesome!  TTFN, Jane

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! This is a fabulous set!!! Gorgeous coloring! Love the background papers for the images! Such a cute box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so creative. This is a great set for a gift. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete