Thursday, July 16, 2015

Grant Me

Happy Thursday......or is it?  Here in my neck of the woods, happy is a day to day thing.  I mean, I choose joy, but sometimes, my circumstances just don't cooperate and it can be a struggle.  The Serenity Prayer has long been associated with self help groups, but really---isn't the world just a big self help group?  We all need help from time to time.  The Serenity Prayer is a quick and simple reminder and encouragement:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the WISDOM to know the difference! 

Wisdom.....it's the key!

At least I had the wisdom to use my newest distress inks to create my colorful background--the newest colors to me:  pistacho, lagoon and coral.  I think they look pretty good together.  Although, by the time I had blended all of the colors, the coral hue was darker than you'd think and I ended up using a rust colored card stock for the base of the card.

I used the beautiful Serenity Butterfly image from Technique Junkie Stamps to create a random background pattern and embellishment to finish the whole project off.  And, sequins.......I know.....I'm sorry.  I'm not sorry.  They're pretty :)

TTFN.  Make it awesome.  Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment