Monday, April 10, 2017

I miss you....

Happy Monday, Friends!

I missed you last week!  I am now in busy season as baseball has begun!!!  Three of my kiddos are playing this season--it's my big guy's last year and I'm hoping it will be a good one....I'm not quite sure yet how it is that I have a senior in my house, but it's true and that means---lots going on here, both inside and out!! 

I created this card using one of Sweet N Sassy Stamp's brand new sets, called Mason Jar Bouquet.  It's a beautiful set and lots of fun to play with!  I wanted to feature the beautiful rose image so, I started by creating a colorful background piece.  I used a technique that applies distress inks to water color paper using a piece of acetate.  You begin by inking the acetate and then spritzing with water.  Next, smoosh the ink on to the water color paper.  I like the control this technique offers as you can pick up the acetate and reapply to create the effect you want.  I'm sure there is some fancy name for this technique, I just don't know it :)

Both the flower and the sentiment can be found in the Mason Jar set.  It's beautiful:

That's all for now---thanks for stopping by!
TTFN, Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment