Monday, September 22, 2014

Post It....

 
 
Happy Monday! 
 
Today, I have a fun little desk top project that is super simple to make!  You can start with a piece of cardstock--mine measured 3 1/8" x 11".  It can be any color or even a decorative designer paper--the sky is the limit!!
 
I scored the base paper at 4 1/4", 8 1/2", 9 1/2" and 10 1/2".  When folded properly and secured with some sticky tape (or other trusty adhesive) it forms an easel type base that is perfectly suited for a project like this.
 
The front box--which holds a 3" x 3" pad of post-it notes--was created using a scallop envelop die cut, but really can be easily fashioned with two pieces of cardstock.  I would start with a piece of cardstock that measures 2 3/4" x 4 1/4".  Score the two short sides and one long side at 1/2".  Do this twice and adhere the flaps together to make the box shape.  Secure that to the easel base, decorate and waaaaahlaaaa!
 
I've used one of my favorite stamp sheets, Gnomes, from I Brake For Stamps to decorate mine.  Such cute and fallish images.....I could not resist!  The mushrooms on the back panel are pieced together with the same designer paper that decorates the front....it just pulls it all together!  When you find some favorite goodies of your own, in the IBFS store, be sure to use my savings code:  SAVE10JANE.
 
This one was claimed quickly by my crafty daughter--she fell in love with that sweet little gnome!  It's okay....just another reason to make more!
 
TTFN, Jane
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment