Thursday, October 4, 2018

Crushed....


Hawk Nelson sings it best in their hit song "Diamonds" but clearly this is what I was singing in my soul when I created this Bible journal page "Crushed by Love.'  I created this page using stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps including  Awesome Thoughts (retired), Worthy King, Hello My Name IsShake It Off Caps and Shake It Off Lowercase.  I've picked 2 Corinthians 4: 7-9 to dwell in:

"7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

On the eve of another chemo treatment, I'm reflecting on my great God and the many ways in which He continues to bless me despite this trial my body endures. And, I'm trusting Him that although I am hard pressed on every side, I will not be crushed, but rather this is my opportunity in the refining fires--to draw nearer to Him that my life might bring light to His glory.

I recall in the last year, many times, that I cried out to God to use me, send me, revive me, make me broken, give me a mission, take me deeper.  I have felt a disconnect and in those times, cried to my God, "draw me in."  See?  I knew what to say, the Spirit cried those prayers with me.  To my great surprise, I was heard.

Why does this surprise me?  Because I have played into the schemes and the lies of the evil one for far too long.  I have believed myself unlovable.  I have believed myself unequipped.  What I can see now, however, is that in each of those struggles, I was being drawn in.  I was being equipped and made ready.

Why has my diagnosis not completely devastated me?  Make no mistake.  I hate that I have to walk through this.  I hate that my children are worried for my very life.  I hate the struggle I see in them.  I hate that my parents have to worry over me.  And, yet, in all of that discomfort, I am daily drawn in with subtle and not so subtle reminders of how very much I am loved and cared for.  Daily my God sends His very hands and feet to minister to my family and to me in ways that bring me to tears.  A simple card in the mail can bring on the waterworks.  Or an apple pie.....or......my list is long and impressive and overwhelming--I love you all so much!

Are you looking for God's hands and feet in your own struggle?  Over and over, He shows Himself as a promise keeper.  Have you seen this in your life?  Do you know what He promises?  Here's a list of just 100 of His promises that I found and wanted to share with you:
  •  “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” {Exodus 14:14}
  • “Now then, stand still and see the great things the Lord is about to do before your eyes.” {1 Samuel 12:16}
  • “The Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed.” {2 Timothy 4:17}
  • “For God causes all things to work together for good.” {Romans 8:28}
  • “I have made you, and I will carry you; I will sustain you and rescue you.” {Isaiah 45:2}
  • “And so it was, that she, having waited long and endured patiently, realized and obtained what God had promised.” {Hebrews 6:15}
  • “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.” {Psalm 20:4-5}
  • “Blessed is she who believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her.” {Luke 1:45}
  • “He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion.” {Philippians 1:6}
  • “He is a faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations.” {Deuteronomy 7:9}
  • “Commit your work to the Lord and your plans will succeed.” {Proverbs 16:3}
  • “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” {Psalm 27:13}
  • “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him. I will protect him because he knows my name.” {Psalm 91:14}
  • “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” {Jeremiah 29:11}
  • “Do not be deceived; God is not mocked. For whatever one sows, he also will reap.” {Galatians 6:7}
  • “Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promises. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.” {Romans 4:20-21}
  • “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:  The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.” {Lamentations 3:21-23}
  • “For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go.” {Psalm 91:11}
  • “And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desires in scorched places, and make your bones strong; and you will be like a watered garden, like a spring of water whose water does not fail.” {Isaiah 58:11}
  • “So be careful how you like, make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.” {Ephesians 5:15-17}
  • “After your season of suffering, God in all of his grace will restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.” {1 Peter 5:10}
  • “Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me. The Lord will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me.” {Psalm 138:7}
  • “I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born.”  {Isaiah 66:9}
  • “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.” {Psalm 136:1}
  • “I will sing to the Lord for he has been good to me.” {Psalm 13:6}
  • “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” {Hebrews 13:8}
  • “And I will be a fire around her, declares the Lord. And I will bring glory in her midst.” {Zechariah 2:5}
  • “For God is working in you, giving you the desires and the power to do what pleases him.” {Philippians 2:13}
  • “For the Lord your God is going with you. He will fight for you against your enemy and he will give you victory.” {Deuteronomy 20:4)
  • “But seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you.” {Matthew 6:33}
  • “Look among the nations and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your day that you would not believe even if I told you.” {Habakuk 1:5}
  • “The Lord was with him and caused everything he did to succeed.” {Genesis 39:23}
  • “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your father in heaven.” {Matthew 5:16}
  • “No unbelief made him waver concerning the promises of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God.” {Romans 4:20}
  • “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow.” {Isaiah 48:17}
  • “You are faithful, Lord, to strengthen and protect me from the evil one. I trust in Your faithfulness.” {2 Thessalonians 3:3}
  • “I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Give our God the greatness he deserves. He is a rock. What he does is perfect. All of his ways are fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong. He is honorable and reliable.” {Deuteronomy 32:3-4}
  • “Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” {Psalm 37:4}
  • “The one who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” {1 John 4:4}
  • “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” {Psalm 32:7-8}
  • “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” {Jeremiah 1:5}
  • “Every word of God is true. He is a shield to all those who look to him for protection.” {Proverbs 30:5}
  • “It is the same with my word. I send it out and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.” {Isaiah 55:11}
  • “Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for me?” {Jeremiah 32:27}
  • “Let us hold fast to the confession of our faith without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.” {Hebrews 10:23}
  • “No good thing does the Lord withhold from those who walk is upright.” {Psalm 84:11}
  • “So are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” {Isaiah 55:9}
  • “My faith does not rest in the wisdom of men – but in the power of God.” {1 Corinthians 2:5}
  • “Patient endurances is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.” {Hebrews 10:36}
  • “I will praise the Lord at all times, I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the Lord. Let all who are helpless take heart.” {Psalm 34:1-2}
  • “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for what he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.” {Philippians 4:6-7}
  • “Captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.” {2 Corinthians 2:5}
  • “Hold onto hope, for he is forever faithful.” {1 Corinthians 1:9}
  • “Why should I fear the future? For I am being pursued only by your goodness and unfailing love.” {Psalm 23:6}
  • “All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained.” {Isaiah 14:27}
  • “I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him and he answered my prayers.” {Psalm 120:1}
  • “Be still and know that I am God.” {Psalm 46:10}
  • “The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well- watered garden; like an ever flowing spring.” {Isaiah 58:11}
  • “The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of the Lord stands forever.” {Isaiah 40:8}
  • “He will sustain you.” {Isaiah 46:4}
  • “Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.” {Isaiah 40:31}
  • “He counts the stars and he calls them by name.” {Psalm 47:4}
  • “If you remain in me and my word remains in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you.” {John 15:7}
  • “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” {Exodus 33:14}
  • “God is not a man that he should lie, nor a son of man that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and then not fulfill?” {Exodus 23:19}
  • “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” {Joshua 1:9}
  • “Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” {Joshua 1:8}
  • “The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.” {2 Chronicles 16:9}
  • “Humility and the fear of the Lord will bring wealth and honor and life.” {Psalm 22:4}
  • “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.” {Proverbs 3:5-6}
  • “I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” {Psalm 16:8}
  • “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” {Philippians 4:13}
  • “He has made everything beautiful in his time.” {Ecclesiastes 3:11}
  • “When I go to bed, I sleep in peace. Because, Lord, you keep me safe.” {Psalm 4:8}
  • “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.” {Isaiah 40:31}
  • “Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” {Romans 12:2}
  • “I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him and he answered my prayers.” {Psalm 120:1}
  • “Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath.” {Psalm 116:2}
  • “You can make plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.” {Proverbs 19:23}
  • “In your presence there is fullness of joy.” {Psalm 16:11}
  • “Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him.” {Psalm 37;7}
  • “He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with his love.” {Zephaniah 3:17}
  • “The Lord is near to all those who call out to him.” {Psalm 145:18}
  • “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” {John 14:13-14}
  • “If my people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” {2 Chronicles 7:14}
  • “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.” {Matthew 18:19}
  • “…being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.” {Romans 4:21}
  • “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” {Jeremiah 29:11}
  • “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” {Isaiah 40:29-31}
  • “But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.” {Proverbs 1:33}
  • “But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.” {Luke 18:27}
  • “I sought the LORD, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears.” {Psalm 34:4}
  • “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” {Galatians 5:22-23}
  • “No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, he will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” {1 Corinthians 10:13}
  •  “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn.” {Isaiah 54:17}
  • “The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.” {Nahum 1:7}
  • “The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?” {Psalm 27:1}
  • “O Sovereign LORD! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you!” {Jeremiah 32:17}
  • “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. ” {James 1:5}
  • “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” {Psalm 91:14-16}
  • “But I, the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.” {Jeremiah 17:10}
  • “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” {Jeremiah 33:3}
  • “I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.” {Lamentations 3:23-24}
  • “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.” {Isaiah 43:2-3}
  • “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” {Psalm 119:105}
  • “I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the LORD.” {Jeremiah 30:17}
  • “For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 2but the word of the LORD endures forever.” {1 Peter 1:24-25}
  • “This is what the Lord, the God of your ancestor David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears. I will heal you.” {2 Kings 20:5}
  • “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” {2 Timothy 1:7}
It's a pretty good start.  I claim them all in the blessed and holy name of my Savior, Jesus.  Stick with me--you're going to see these promises played out in my very life.  I promise.

Would you join me in prayer today?  Would you pray over the days ahead of me?  That my good cells would be protected and that I would remain safe from sickness and germs while my body rebounds from this chemo?  I'm half done, my friends.  Rejoice!


TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment