Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Wall of Fire All Around


Hello, Dear Friends!  It's that time again--can you believe it?  Already the eve of another round of chemo.  This will be number 4--only 2 left after tomorrow!  I do believe I see an end in sight!  

This tends to be the week that I am bombard with attacks from the evil one.  Insidious thoughts designed to take my eye off the truth; diversions from spending time with God, stress and the pettiness of life.

In response, I've been camping in Zechariah and using my bullet journal to create a great reminder of God's promise to fight on my behalf.  Zechariah 2:5 reads:

"I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord, and I will be the glory in her midst."

A wall of fire all around?  This is not the only time we see the all consuming protection of God described in such a manner.  Psalm 125:2 "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people, from this time forth and forevermore."  Great images to carry with you!  We are surrounded by God's hedge of protection.  But, not just surrounded.  These verses also show us that God's consuming  protection will also destroy the foes that oppose us.  I claim this promise every time I sit in that infusion room and in the days in between.  You can be sure that tomorrow as I wait for the all the meds to be delivered, I'll be dwelling on this image and thanking God not just for His protection but for the fire that consumes my enemy to keep it finally, permanently from me.  Praise God!

But, that's not all!  "The glory in her midst."  In the book of Isaiah (60:19), we also find "the sun shall be nor more your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give you light; but, the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory."  He is in the midst of it all; He is in the midst of me.  Oh that my life, my situation, my words, and prayers would all bring Him glory. It is the cry of my heart.

What's your heart cry?  He will meet you there--I guarantee it!

I'm going to ask--pray with me?  I'm grateful for your prayers and feel them surrounding me, too.

Be Blessed, Jane 

I got crafty with these goodies from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps:





No comments:

Post a Comment