Tuesday, July 21, 2015

We Go Together.....


Happy Day, Sweet Friends!  We go together like....Like rama lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong.  Remembered forever as shoobop sha wadda wadda yippity boom de boom...Chang chang changitty chang shoobop...That's the way it should be.......

If I'm going to have it rattling around in my head all day, so are you.  I share afterall....And, nothing goes better together than stamping and sharing....well, except for chocolate.  Chocolate goes pretty good with stamping and sharing, too....

So, in the interest of sharing and stamping AND chocolate, I have a fun tutorial that I wrote for Sweet N Sassy Stamps and their Monday Tutorial feature that I'd like to share with you, too! Be sure to visit SNSS's blog for lots of inspiration and sharing!  For my contribution this month, I wanted to design a project that made an out of the box use of their Bookmarks & More Dies:
I bought the dies and the coordinating stamps, Bookmark Bits & Pieces, to make hand made book marks for my kiddo's class.  THAT project is right on the top of my TO DO list.  This MAY be the golden year!  It's a great little set and would also be a fun school or birthday party project!

For today's project, though, I used the bottom bookmark die seen above.  You could easily adapt the top die for this project, too, by trimming off one end.  I may just do that next!

In addition to the Bookmarks & More Dies from Sweet N Sassy Stamps, you will need: card stock for two dies, a complimentary card stock or designer paper that measures 1 1/2" x 7 3/4", adhesive, a hole punch, ribbon, stamps, ink and a scoring/paper cutting tool.  And, most importantly.....a treat!

Begin by cutting and scoring two bookmark dies:
Using the die cut shown, with the rounded end on the right hand side, score at 1 3/4" and 5 1/4". Do this for both bookmark die cuts.

Next, join the two bookmarks by adhering the two bottom sections together.
 And hole punch the top of the bookmarks:
Set the bookmark piece aside and prepare the wrap.  For this, you can use either a piece of designer paper or a complimentary piece of card stock.  I've chosen to use the card stock and stylize it with the new Floral Pattern Background stamp, also from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.
 
As a reminder, the wrap piece measures 1 1/2" x 7 3/4".  Along the length, you will need to score at 1 3/4', 3 3/4", 5 1/2" and 7 1/2".  Place adhesive on the two 2" sections only:
After removing the adhesive backing, secure the wrap piece to the front and back panels of the tag box:
Add your treat, secure the top with ribbon and decorate!
This would make a super easy shower, party or classroom treat!  It will easily accommodate a prepackaged candy, like a fun size candy bar or bag of m&ms.  The possibilities are endless!

I couldn't resist decorating mine with an adorable image from Sweet N Sassy Stamps You & Me set.  I mounted the peas and carrots die cut image on a label die cut (also from Bookmarks & More) and added a few sentiments.
Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you are feeling inspired......and, awesome!
TTFN, Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment