Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Dwelling In the Shelter

.....And, resting in the shadow.......

Life is funny---and, not necessarily in the "ha ha" funny way we all need from time to time.  Life can get heavy.....and, dark.  Bad things happen to good people.  The world is rapidly changing and struggle is rampant for all---even those you think aren't really struggling.  They are.  We are.  I am.

I could weave you a tale about this person or that who I know that is facing a challenge--a life altering, nothing will ever be the same again challenge. I could tell endless stories about the kids I work with.  What happened to them, what horrific tale makes up their earliest days......or, I could tell you about the spitting, the kicking, the mouthing off, the running away, the law enforcement interaction that can consume a day......I could type endlessly about my personal struggles and maybe, even, one up you.  Or, you could see that you really don't have it all that bad, afterall.......

But, in the end.....how would any of that help?  In this world of trouble, we must be a light.  A lamp for truth, encouragement, hope.  We must speak of the good rather than tear down with the endless stream of critical words, name calling, bashing.  We must illuminate hope.

I used one of my most favorite verses on this canvas I made for my mom. At the time, I had just a little idea of what it meant......the good news is, I'm still a work in progress and I'm still learning to understand and abide--

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty."  Psalm 91:1 

The Daughter of God image by Donna Downey is an older image from Unity Stamps....and, it's who I am.  For this, I am eternally grateful.

Be awesome.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment