Monday, January 15, 2018

No Words....

Happy Monday!  The recent holidays have been great and an excellent reminder of how precious family and friend time is.  I've had several opportunities to spend time with my parents in the last few weeks.  That doesn't always happen as we live a distance apart.  Distance and busy are my constant enemies!

I wanted to get some of the new releases from Sweet 'N Sassy stamps inky so, I made this card for my parents to let them know how much I value them and our time together.  The sentiment, from Thoughtful Words, continues to the inside and reads (in full) "No words can describe how thankful I am for you."

The central image comes from the Through The Trees set.  You can pre-order this set right now!  I started by stamping the birch tree image on water color paper and then adding some sky and grass water colors.  I framed the tree image with cardstock that I cut an oval out of and then added some stenciling.  I sponged some and then added a bit more with a paint brush--it got kind of splotchy, which I think looks cool.

After stamping the sentiment, I added a bird (a heron, I think--of the great blue variety?) from the January Stamp of the month set,  Scene Silhouettes: Wetlands.  It's kind of an earthy card--I think my folks will love it!

Have yourself an inky kind of day :)  TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment