Monday, December 19, 2016

Without Ceasing....


Pray.  Without ceasing.  That little whisper that flows between you and He.  Sometimes, it's pretty overt---like when you're driving on black ice watching cars spin out and collide in front of your very eyes...other times, its a wordless thought, a murmur for patience, a plea for the right words...you know what I mean. 

I had wanted to journal the birth of Christ for this week, but have been struggling with this page for awhile and when it finally started to come together, I just had to go with it.  The struggle came from the fact that the florals from Scribble Flowers bled through on the opposite page, from this layout:

That's a lot of color on an unprepped page!! We live and learn....but I had no idea what to do about the bleed through.  I took a gamble and covered the bulk of the page with gesso, highlighting  verses 9 and 10 (Colossians 1): 

"And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of he Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God."

Afterward, I wasn't sure how to finish the page--the gesso had given the page a different texture....I wish you could see what I feel!  I used a variety of stamps from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps to complete both of these layouts.  To start, I stamped images from Scribble Flowers and New Creature and then used my finger to apply distress inks.  It definitely gave the page a different look. I really like it--it also helped to camouflage some of the floral images from the other side that can still be faintly seen. I finished the entire layout using Shake It Off Caps and Message of Hope.

Pray.  Without ceasing.
Let's do that....Be Awesome, Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment