Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Happiest of Birthdays...

Happy Wednesday, Friends!!  I've finally had some time to play with my Stampin' Up! goodies!!  I've been known to ask..."how many floral sets can one person own?"  The answer is not as clear as a girl would think--I'm drawn over and over to the beautiful floral sets I find in the SU! catalog!  This one is called Birthday Blooms and can be found in the SU! catalog on page 12.

I used a few other SU! goodies to complete this shabby chic card.  First, I stamped the Dictionary Background stamp on a piece of kraft card stock.   Next, I applied a thin layer of gesso.  When that was dried, I added several layers of water colored inks and some texture with images from the Timeless Texture stamp set.

I stamped the floral image with black ink and then used distress markers to color/water color the floral piece.  I attached the Banner Framelit  that I stamped my sentiment on with mini staples---I just love that little stapler!  I'm waiting for colored staples (hint, hint, SU!) to go with it.

I'm trying to challenge myself to use things I haven't inked up in a while--old and new.  Stay tuned to see how I meet the challenge! 

TTFN--Be Awesome!  Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment