Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Train Them...

Happy Wednesday, Sweet Friends!!  I've recently discovered Bible Journaling.  Yes, I color and write in my Bible!!  I struggled at first, but continued to feeling the prodding of God to start this journey.  I've struggled to bury the word in my heart for years---just not finding the method that worked for me.  Journaling has been exactly that!  I'm excited to begin contributing now on Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps' Creative Worship Blog--you can follow there or here--whatever works for you! 

Today, I am sharing Proverbs 22:6.  The single greatest joy and hardest thing I have done with my life is to be a parent---I'm hearing ALL of your amens!!  My oldest will be graduating high school next year and starting his journey away from our home.  While I know he is ready and prepared for what God will set before him, my heart often does not feel ready.  I journaled these pages as I reflected on Mother's Day and recent times when I've struggled with my emotions---they day he entered the world seems like only yesterday to me!!  I'm startled, at times, to realize it was almost 18 years ago!!!   I had first determined to only do the left side page, but as I prayed over the verses and sought my God, my heart and emotion just bubbled over.  I added the second page with some stenciling to make it more cohesive.  The verse I was concentrating on was Proverbs 22:6  "Train up a child in the way that he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

To complete my pages, I used a variety of stamps from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps.   Specifically, I used:  Little One, Common Words 1, Just Be and Note This.  Also, I used distress inks, a Tim Holtz stencil and Ranger Archival Black ink. 

It's a bit of a risk for me to share the cry of my heart, but the truth lies in the verse and from it, I will not depart--be blessed!

TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment