Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Sweet Gardener

With the winter weather safely (?) behind us, it's time to stamp about flowers and gardens, butterflies and baseball!  Today, I'm sharing a garden themed new set from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.  The new set is called Winnie's Garden and is full of whimsical images just perfect for spring and summer!

I started with a piece of water color paper and stamped a garden scene using a variety of images from the set.  I then water colored the images using distress inks, my nonstick kraft pad and an aqua brush.  Some of the lines looked dull to me afterward so I re-stamped the images after the water colors dried.  This is the great thing about using clear images!  With a steady hand, you can stamp right over the top--this has many applications!

To complete the card, I added a few of the sentiment pieces also from the set.  I'm not crazy about the staples I chose to secure the sentiment piece, but....eh? You win some, you lose some. :)

Be Awesome!  Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment