Saturday, November 7, 2015

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like.....

Happy Saturday, Friends!!  Today, I'm showing off some goodies from Technique Junkies!  If you are looking for some Christmas card inspiration, head on over to the Junkies Designer Blog!  It's the 30 days of Christmas, over there, for your card making pleasure!

My card is a shabby chic rendition that features the Merry Christmas sentiment.  I started by constructing my background using the new Fresh Chevron background stamp.  The chevron image that you can see is just a shadow of the standard imprint.  After inking the stamp in black, I stamped it off once before stamping on white card stock.  I added a few stampings of the Ornate Medallion image using several colors of distress ink:  Concord Grape, Vintage Photo and Mowed Lawn.  The Vintage Photo stampings are also lighter as they are stamped off too.  I added extra shading and shabby, by distressing the whole piece with Vintage Photo ink also.  This helped to tone down the more vibrant Mowed Lawn ink and give the whole background a unified look.

In addition, I shaded the sentiment piece with Vintage Photo.  I went over each letter of "Merry Christmas" with an aqua brush to remove some of the ink from the lettered area.  This created contrast from the background and made the letters "pop" a bit.  The remainder of the color was added with distress markers.

Have yourself an inky day!  Be awesome. You know you can.....
TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment