Monday, October 26, 2015

Just Trolling Around......


I'm not even sure if there is a difference between a troll and a gnome, or really what that difference would be.  I find that I am wholly ignorant of the whole troll/gnome continuum, but I love this guy!  He's from a full sheet of super cuties from I Brake For Stamps called.......wait for it...Gnome Sheet!  You'll find the Happy/Life sentiment over there too! 

It's fall so I had to break out the Gnomes at least once.  They are an older sheet, but I love them so much...I look forward to seeing them every year! 

I had some masking fluid I wanted to try out so, this truly started as just an experiment.  After stamping this cute little gnome on watercolor paper, I covered him with masking fluid--mostly because I wanted to try the fluid--it was a little much.  I think the fluid is better for smaller areas you want to keep "clean."  But, alas, I had to move forward.  So, I inked up an acrylic block with various distress colors, spritzed with water and then stamped over the image.    The background was so colorful and lovely, I was tempted to leave the gnome black and white.  I caved in and colored it any way.  It's how I roll.

Here's to a great inky day in your little neck of the woods!  TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment