Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Happy Birthday, Kid!

I have no idea how it happened (that's a lie) but in just the blink of an eye, I've become the mother of a 17 year old!!!  I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that this kid:
Is now this kid--a two sport athlete, Junior in High School, with excellent grades, a job and awesome friends:
And, today is the day--17 years ago, that it all began!  This is the one who made me a mom....and despite the many years that have happened since that first day, I still remember like it was yesterday.  I don't regret for one moment that the time has passed.  But the memories for me seem like just  a moment ago and I'm saddened that life is like this, sometimes.  Too fast, too beyond my control.  And then, I remind myself, that I knew it would happen all along.  Life IS short and unpredictable so, live each day and grab joy when you can.

Today, my joy will be spent with this one.  Just the two of us.  For him, it's a fun celebration, a shopping trip and a sushi lunch.  We will laugh and I will learn things about him I didn't know.  For me, it will be grabbing joy and storing it up.  The day is coming when he will no longer be part of my everyday life.  For me, it is a sadness I will have to learn to live with.  For him, I'm so excited to see what the future will bring--who this boy will be when he is a man.  He's off to a great start!

To create the card you see above, I've used some wonderful goodies from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps.  They are:  Grunge Elements 2 and Birthday Bash.  I've also used the dies that coordinate with Birthday Bash to make the cute little candle embellishments.  A fun card for a fun day!

Make yours great!  Be awesome--Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment