Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stained Dollars......

Happy Thursday, Friends!!  I'm glad that you have joined me, once again, for my Technique Junkie share of the week!  I'm dabbling with colors again....once I got started, I just could not stop! 

I poke around Pinterest, like most of you, for inspiration and relaxation.  Last week, I spotted this picture of painted rocks:
Aren't they beautiful?  I'm like a crafting squirrel....as soon as I see something beautiful, I want to make it.  Right.  Now.  
 
But, I've been learning some very important lessons lately about working with what I have, from where I am.  It's all about following instead of knowing.  So, I decided to follow vs know and began to play with what I have.
 
What I had is this beautiful Sand Dollar background and a mess of Ranger Distress Stains.I pulled out the tried and true Non-stick Color technique and got on it!  The two earth tone prints are from the same application of ink. Specifically, I was using Ranger Ink Distress Stains.  The two blue cards vary in that I used the stains directly to the stamp surface.  One also has a spray of water to blend the inks--the other is just straight ink to stamp to paper...Can you tell the difference?
Finally, I took all of this:
Added: Love You Circle, You Make Me Proud, Be Silly and Forever and A Day to come up with this:

Don't forget to be awesome!  TTFN, Jane

1 comment:

  1. You are just the bomb girl. Love all that you do. I think I prefer the direct to stamp - how about you?

    ReplyDelete