Thursday, May 16, 2019

The Brokenhearted

Hello, Friends!! Today, I am sharing several projects featuring Peony Cluster, a new release from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps--the Stamp of the Month (free with purchase!).  I'm also sharing my heart and a prayer journal I'm working in.  I'm glad that you've stopped by today!!

How grateful I am that the Lord is near to me when I am brokenhearted!  My heart breaks over a lot of things.  Sometimes, it's things in my own life and other times, it is broken over the children I serve in my day job or other stories in the world around me.

His Word, in Psalm 34, reminds us that He is near to us all the time, especially in our brokenness; when our spirit is crushed, when we feel cut off, when we are in pieces, and when we are hurt or torn--both in body and in spirit.  The word used in this verse--"near"-- is the Hebrew word qarowb (ka.rove').  It is used to describe place, time and relationship.  How awesome that we see very clearly that we are never alone?  Never.  He is close by.  He is right now!  We can have a personal relationship with the One who is Creator of all!!  He loves you deeply, wholly, eternally, personally!  Rest in that oh, weary souls!

I created my card (above) using alcohol based markers and sponging some distress inks for an overall shabby look.  The new Peony Cluster set, from Sweet N Sassy Stamps, is a versatile set that is really perfect for any occassion--birthday, anniversary, encouragement, sympathy--it's gorgeous and fun to color!

That said, I'm not really a flower person--I mean, I like them, I just  don't know anything about them. I have no idea what color actual peonies are.  This gives me great freedom.  I can color them however I wish!

I picked up this super cool prayer journal at a thrift store for a few dollars. I can't tell you what a treasure I have found this to be!! It's called The Weekly Prayer Project:  A Challenge to Journal, Pray, Reflect and Connect with God--that last part always gets me.  It was absolutely spotless....but not for long!

I used a variety of stamp sets and inks.  It rather evolved as I went along.  Stamp sets used:  Peony Cluster, Jesus & Coffee, God Is Bigger, and Sunshine Girl Alphabet.  So much wisdom in all of God's Word (obviously!) but I am continually struck and grateful when He places, in front of me, the exact Word I need in the most unexpected and ordinary ways.  When you look, you will see God's hand in everything!

Be Blessed!  Jane

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I know nothing about flowers, either, bu love coloring them however I choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brought me to tears...pretty unexpectedly to be honest. Thank you for sharing your heart and your beautiful art. Love to you, dear sister.

    ReplyDelete