Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Warmest Wishes....


Happy New Year!!!  I'm cleaning out my "to share" folder today with a few cards I created using images from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.  One of my favorite stamping things to do is find cards I love (usually on Pintrest) and recreate them with stamps I already own.  Waaaaaayyyyyy back in the day, when I first started stamping, I had to buy the exact same stamps and inks and embellishments to recreate the cards I loved.  It's actually a great way to learn about how product works, to get a feel for stamping and locate your mojo.  Some people are offended when their designs are copied, but I hold to the old adage---it's the highest compliment!

The card above features both Thrill of Hope and Christmas Wishes.  I kind of womp at sending out Christmas cards....well, I sorta womp at sending cards period.  Which is really ironic since I create tons of them.  If I were into resolutions, I may resolve to send more, but really, I'll probably still womp.  But.......I digress.  My point was, the Warmest Wishes sentiment from this set is perfect for wompers like me---I finally did sent this one out as a New Year's wishes card--perfect and versatile.  


This card features the retired set, Bottom of My Heart,  Wood Background and All About You.  I finally pulled out my Faber Castel Oil Pastels to create the water colored back ground.  Using a resist technique with the wood slice image, the water color back ground is the perfect splash of color for this simple card.

I love the colors in this card!  It features Wood Background, Whimsy Bouquet, Itty Bitty Blossoms, Texture Tiles One and Scripty Thoughts.  In this day and age with dies and fancy machines that die cut your images, I still love me some good old fashion fussy cutting.  It's a great stress reliever for me!

Thanks for stopping by!!
TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment