Tuesday, December 4, 2018

New Mercies

Hello Sweet Friends.  I wanted to share to share some art and some thoughts with you again.  I made this sweet frame for a friend, a prayer warrior; someone I lost touch with years ago who has re-emerged as if not one day has gone by.  As we've rediscovered our friendship, I have been continually struck by her strength and her strong abiding faith in the One who promises us new mercies everyday. 

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him."  Lamentations 3:22-24

Each day, it seems I'm given a new perspective from which to ponder this truth.  Yesterday, for example, I went to a funeral.  It was so very sad. So many parts of that precious time simply broke my heart.  For my friend who lost her husband; for their children.....But, honestly I'd be lying if I said I didn't walk away refreshed in my hope.  My friend's husband--he understood hope.  But not the hope we have in this world.  That everything will work out the way we want it to.  That we are happy and have enough and live a long life.  No, that was not his hope.  His hope was in the Lord, deeply, profoundly, despite his physical pain and the completion of his life here--he remained steadfast in his hope and the promises made to him by his God.  He had so many earthly reasons to be angry, to refute the God who heals, for bitterness, but that was not part of his story.   Each moment of the service spoke of the hope that he relied on; the hope he entered into when his life here was done. It was inspiring and life giving.

Is the Lord your portion?  Do you hope in Him?  When you fully surrender to Him, your whole world shifts.  You are a new creation enjoying his steadfast love that never ceases.  Not here, not ever.  Can you imagine what it is like to be loved like that?  I can.  I pray the same for you--

I wanted to thank my warrior friend for HER steadfast love and the many ways in which she has sustained me during some of my darkest times.  Each Friday, she wears pink in support of me and breast cancer awareness.  She sends me the most adorable pictures!  So, using my favorite floral image from Sweet N Sassy Stamps, Mason Jar Bouquet, I water colored this home decor piece being sure to color the focal roses in the same beautiful pink she always wears.  I used distress inks for all of the water coloring and then added a sentiment from Be Encouraged.  I hope you are--encouraged :)

In Truth, Jane

I got crafty with: 

No comments:

Post a Comment