Tuesday, March 20, 2018

No Matter How Long the Winter

Who besides me is looking forward to seeing a few of these beautiful daffodils in the yard or park?  Our recent warming trend has me thinking of flowers and baseball games! 

I wanted a simple card that strictly featured the daffodil flower from Sweet 'N Sassy's Spring Blossom set.  To begin, I stamped and embossed the daffodil on kraft cardstock.  I colored the flower by blending a few Prisma colored pencils.  I love how that white flower just pops off the cardstock.  I used an x-acto blade to cut out one of the flower petals just far enough to slip the bordering die beneath it.  I then embossed on a rubber pad to create the impression without cutting all the way through.  Finally, I added the sentiment which can be found on the same Spring Blossom set.

For the second card, I chose a more colorful scheme that includes some pattern paper, watermark stamping and some glittery bling!  This card also features Timeless Hymns, which is also available at Sweet 'N Sassy stamps for preorder right now.  This is such a great set--so many great hymns--you can sing and create all at the same time!  To add texture and interest behind the focal flower, I used a watermark ink to stamp the flower several times and then added a few of the texture images from Texture Tiles 1.  TT1 is the FREE with purchase set this month over at Sweet 'N Sassy and is yours for FREE with a $75 order.  Check it out!!

Have a great day!!  TTFN--Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment