Thursday, April 23, 2015

Scream and Hang On!

I love me a good roller coaster ride.....years ago (I should say decades) my family went to Great America for the day.  My sweet dad rode the Tidal Wave with me because no one else would.  The ride looped the loop and then rolled back and did it again.....backwards.....if I remember correctly, I wanted to throw up for a couple hours afterward....but I loved it!

Life is kind of the same way--ya know?  Not always rosey, but worth the ride.....if you do it right!  I love the sentiment on this new image, Like A Roller Coaster, from Technique Junkies--it creates a wonderful word picture of the choices we have in this crazy, sometimes upside down world.

I started my creation with a background technique called It Takes Two.  You will find the tutorial for this fun technique on the Bodacious Background Stamps CD by Technique Junkies.  To emulate the circular feel of a roller coaster, I used several background images from Technique Junkies.  You can view all of the wonderful backgrounds available here.

I created the illusion of movement with the main image by stamping three times without inking between.  Later, I added color with markers and distress ink.  All in all, it's a pretty simple and quick card--just the way I like it sometimes, when the coaster is at full tilt :)

Thanks for stopping by!  TTFN--Don't forget to be awesome!  Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment