Thursday, April 9, 2015

Flutter By.......

Happy Technique Thursday, my friends!!  Better late than never, I always say!

I have some super Technique Junkies goodies to talk about/share today!  I've created this little mixed media canvas using a beautiful image from the Technique Junkie Palettini line.  Technique Junkies exclusively carries the Palettini line--there are several of these beautiful Vintage Collage images that would work perfectly for a project such as this!

I had purchased a package of these sweet little Back Stapled Deco Canvases a while ago.  They measure 4" x 4" and are great if you are creating a grouping or using for a stand alone piece.  For my canvas, I've chosen the Palettini Vintage Botanicals Collage image.  It was so much fun, I'm now a little obsessed with making a set and also using Vintage Bicycle Collage, Vintage Balloons Collage and Vintage Daisy Collage or Vintage Ship Collage!  Wouldn't that be a sweet wall collection?

I always use a combination of acrylic paint and gellatos to add color and shading on my canvas work.  I started with purple and blue paints to coat the canvas.  Once dry, I used similar colors of gellatos around the edges.  It's harder to tell in photography but in real life, the shading is visible.  My image was stamped on tissue paper and then mod podged on top.  It is important to let the layers dry completely.  When it was dry, I added some extra layer of color with my PITT markers and more shading with gellatos on the edges.

To finish things off, I added a dusting of glitter glue to several areas.  The butterfly is colored and glittered on the first layer with a second vellum butterfly over the top. I can't wait to make another one!

Enjoy and have an inky tomorrow!  Don't forget to be awesome!
TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment