Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Everything Matters


I love....no, I ADORE, this gorgeous Butterfly girl image from Prima.  I found my very own at Simon Says Stamp--just knew it had to be mine the minute my eyes lay upon it.

Creating the main image for this canvas took a good deal of time.  It was super putzy and full of fussy cutting--it was marvelous therapy!  I started with a book page and gesso, a few pieces of cardstock, designer papers and my best little scissors.  It's multi-layered and pieced together with much love and lots of dimension.

The canvas started as a bit of an experiment in repurposing a kiddie attempt at canvas making and the subsequent abandonment of said canvas. (If you are wondering, the canvas measures 8" x 10")  What's a frugal crafty mom to do?  I started with paint and then more book pages.  Added more paint, a stencil and gesso.  To finish, I added some wonderful images from Unity (and, the sentiment) and Stamper's Anonymous.  More dimension and texture from some groovy cork sticker thingys from Stampin' Up! and a bobble or two with some shine. 

It all makes a great case for hoarding....I mean saving random crafty stuff :)

Thanks for looking!

TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment