Monday, September 25, 2023

Growing in Unity 2023

 


Happy Monday, Friends! I’m excited to be starting my Growing in Unity week! I’ve just returned from a Creative Worship retreat and I’m feeling all the things, but nothing more than this Winnie the Pooh sentiment: “It’s not what we have, but WHO we have in our lives that matters.”  The sentiment is also my “why” for picking this image, Oh Hello Pooh, to own and start my GIU week.

This image lives in my memories— a very vivid one of sitting in the darkened kitchen with my daddy and siblings watching our Pooh slideshow.  I would have been very young, maybe kindergarten age (so, like a zillion years ago!) I’m not sure why this particular part of the story is so vivid, but it is tied to being loved well and having so much fun with my dad ❤️


I watercolored the image using distress inks and then over stamped with a canvas background stamp to create a faux linen, vintage look.  It’s an easy way to create interest and a chic shabby feel to a project. The sentiment is from a sheet of Pooh sentiments also available at Unity Stamp Co.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I’ll be sharing a project every day this week to celebrate my GIU week and ever growing Unity collection 😉🤫 When you leave me a comment each day, you will be entered to win one of two gift certificates from Unity Stamp Co.  I do appreciate your kind words so it’s a win/win.

Have the greatest day ever!  TTFN, Jane




29 comments:

  1. So cute! Your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love this set of Pooh, one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is wonderful! WHO we have in our lives makes all the difference. I have yet to ink up my Pooh stamps. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the sentiment! Looking forward to seeing you beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card with this adorable Pooh image! I love the textured look the canvas background stamp added!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!
    Karen Adams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane, love your work and this one is fabulous! I also love the sentiment and thanks for sharing the tip using the linen background stamp!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card and a great start to your GIU week! And, yes, thanks for the tip on your background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the story along with this beautiful card. I am just recovering from a week-long but with Covid so I am looking forward to the rest of the week with your inspiration to brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Love the use of the canvas background❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited to see your creations this week! You can’t go wrong with Pooh! This is so pretty. I love the vintage look and stamping over with a stamp to give linen look.-Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card! My son loved Winnie the Pooh as a little boy so I love it because of him. I'm looking forward to seeing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card!! And your background has me intrigued! I may have to give that a try!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Pooh and I love this card. I am looking forward to an amazing week of creations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute Pooh card!!!!! Love how you used the background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pooh Bear is a favorite of mine too; he is the symbol of warmth and comfort in our house. 😊❤️ Love the textures and pops of red too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love the canvas overlay. What a great way to add the illusion of texture.

    sue nagata

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all the textures, adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How lovely, the sentiment is as beautiful as the card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's adorable! I love the red paper you used with it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The overstamping of the linen texture looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That was me above! 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sweet!! Love Pooh bear!!
    Jenni Shamblin

    ReplyDelete