Sunday, January 5, 2020

WOTY--Serve

I've been preparing for a pretty big surgery for the last year--one exact year from the day of my first surgery--January 8th.  As I celebrate the healing my Great God has given--one cancer free year!, I'm taking the next steps toward full restoration.  I would be so grateful for your prayers.

I would never begin to pretend the last year has been easy, but it has been good in so many ways.  My word for last year was surrender.  Believe me, I've practiced surrender over and over, every day.  I continue to practice. :)

I got my word for this year pretty clearly a few weeks ago.  If I were in charge, I think it would have been something else.  This selfish heart only wants to sit at the feet of Jesus and be filled.  Yet, I know He has a purpose and call over my life that is not self focused.  It is active and real and starts with His command to "love one another".

My word for this year is "serve".  I'm wanting to figure out what this means.  In what ways will I be pushed beyond what is comfortable in the service of others?  I'm perplexed.  In the aftermath of my surgery, I will be dependent on others.  How will He have me serve?  I can't seem to wrap my head around any of it, but my heart is open and I know the One who has called me so, I will follow.


I always photograph the back of my faithdex card before joining it to the front.  I like the thickness and durability of the doubled up card stock. And, I like recording both sides together--it feels complete.  My verse from 1 Peter is from the Complete Jewish Bible:  "as each one has received some spiritual gift, he should use it to serve others, like good managers of God's many-sided-grace."

Many-sided-grace.  Amen.


I chose a simple design for the front.  I apologize for my photography!  In real life, the card and colors are more vibrant--I just can's seem to capture it correctly on film.  Please check out my instagram @stampymom5
For some reason, the colors seem more realistic in that platform.

I've used many sets from Sweet N Sassy Stamps:  Itty Bitty Blossoms, All Your Heart, Bitty Minnie Alphabet and Faith Wordfetti.  To make my florals, I created some colorful backgrounds using my gelli plate, then stamped the images and trimmed them.  I do still love me some fussy cutting!

What's your word of the year?  Feel free to share in the comments along with any prayer requests you may have--In Him, Jane


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to focus on a word.....I am going to make one.

    ReplyDelete