Tuesday, October 22, 2019

With Every Breath

"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!.....Today if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts." Psalm 95

Friends!  Are you listening?  Our God is alive and active and He hears our prayers; He answers them!  I work with school age kids in a mental health day treatment program.  It's not an environment in which I routinely am able to speak the name of Jesus, but I pray for the kids we serve.  Sometimes, I pray very specifically for a child who has particularly grabbed my heart.  Will you join me in prayer for "my kiddos"?  God is working!  About a week or so ago, I prayed specifically that He would open a door that I am not able to open myself.  Today, that prayer was answered when my client showed me a self made tattoo of a cross.  I don't approve of the method (really thought I'd be doing a safety assessment) but the next words I heard were "Jesus loves me!"  Just the door I had prayed for and the ability to speak His name.  I needed that door just as much as my client.

How precious is our Great God?  In answering my prayer for another, He gifted me with the real and present proof that He hears me.  You know, sometimes, I just need that.  And, I'm grateful.  Grateful to bury another reminder of His love for me in my heart.  A reminder I'll draw from when the desert comes again.  Because it does.  But God.  He's always there; working even when I don't see it or feel it.  Sing Praise!!

I spent some time in my Psalm Journal using a bunch of goodies from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.  My layout features the Happy Scarecrow, Texture Tiles 1, Incredibly Blessed, Forever & Always, Sing Loud and the October Stamp of the Month, Grateful Heart.

Sing!  Be Blessed, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment