Friday, March 22, 2019

For the Boys


Tell the truth....boy cards are tough!  I've got a slew of nephews, all in their very late teens, early twenties.  It is tough to make them cards.  I specialize in the cutesy stuff.  There is nothing very cutesy anymore for a 19-20 year old young man.   Here's a little secret....shhhh.....boys are not big fans of flowers, llamas and hearts!

This year, though, I think I did it!  Using up what I originally defined a scrap piece of leftovers and adding rugged tree images, I'm happy with the results.

Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps to the rescue!!  Scene Silhouettes: Trees offers four different trees perfect for masculine cards and so much more!
Again, I matted my art piece on a bible page.  I added a stitched frame along with some additional side stitches and placed my birthday sentiment on the inside.  This card idea would fit a great many circumstances!

Who says Christmas is only for Christmas time?  The tree image on the card below is found in the beautiful Christmas set, Thrill of Hope--how's that for versatility?


You'll find the "happy birthday" sentiment in the Keep in Touch Too set.  It's a great staple to have in your crafting kit!

That's all for today--see you again, next time! 
TTFN, Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment