Monday, October 17, 2016

Lion King

Happy Monday!  Not that long ago, my 12 year old daughter, Three (if you are counting),  was part of a middle school production of the Lion King.  We've been doing theatre since Two was in first grade--she's a junior now...that's a lot of shows!!  And, believe me, when I say, I've seen a lot of good youth drama!  Sometimes on the stage and sometimes, right in my own home.....LOL!

The Lion King Jr. production by the DC Everest youth last spring was definitely a memorable show!  I'm still thinking about it...two more productions later!  It's THE reason I was instantly attracted to Lion Face  by I Brake For Stamps.  So many good memories and an amazing image to boot!

I started with a piece of water color paper and some white embossing powder.  After heat embossing the image, I used various distress crayons to lay some color down on the whole piece.  I used every color from the Distress Crayons #2 set (rusty hinge, fossilized amber, peeled paint, seedless preserves and festive berries), creating a diagonal block of color.  Next, I spritz the card stock with water and blended the colors slightly.  I layered more fossilized amber and rusty hinge on the lion face to accentuate it and make it pop. 

Again on the card base, I used the main image to create some texture along the left hand side.   To add to the shabby chic feel of the whole card, I distressed the edges of the black mat and added some sponged black soot to the card base.

Enjoy!!
Be Awesome, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment