Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Choose Joy!

Happy Tuesday, Sweet Friends! Today, I have some canvas art to share with you!  It seems like forever since I had both the time and gumption to do a canvas.  Now that I've dipped back in, though...the ideas just won't stop!

Recently, I've had the opportunity to move to a new position in my organization and it's afforded me the huge privilege of having my own office.  I wanted to create a space that would be warm and inviting; where the kids I work with would feel safe and comfortable.  I wanted it to reflect my personality and feel homey. So, what better way to accomplish all that than to decorate with some of my own art pieces?

I completely adore this worshiping girl from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps'  I Am Loved .  I like to think that this is how He sees me when I worship.  The image also reminds me of the days when my own kiddos would lift their arms and say "upie" and I would scoop them into my own arms--  This one image just touches so many pieces of me so, with her as my focal image, I created this 3 x 3 canvas.

I really wanted to use the sentiment from I Am Loved, "Holy Spirit, you are welcome here" but the sizing wasn't right.  As I applied layers of paint, stencil, gesso and modge podge, the answer became clear.  With faith, I have hope and because I have hope, I experience joy! I was able to add all of that to my canvas with just one versatile set, also from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps.  It's called  Choose Faith!

That's all for today....
Be Awesome, Jane


I got crafty with:



No comments:

Post a Comment