Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pocket of Yum!

Happy Tuesday!  Thank you for stopping by for another Sweet N Sassy Stamps project!!  I'm lovin' on Winnie and a fun little treat pocket today!

I started my project with a piece of double sided paper.  I have a literal ton of paper here in the Studio.....I may or may not have a bit of a problem with pretty paper.  I'm currently in the "use it" portion of my treatment plan.  The piece you see here is a very old design from Stampin' Up!  For this project, it's important to use the thinner double sided paper vs double sided cardstock weight.  The thinner paper will fold nicely and not crack along the seams.

You can find the directions for this design on the Technique Junkie CD, Fancy Folds and Motion.  I will tell you, I adapted the dimensions (which I will provide) because I wanted my pocket mounted on a quarter piece of cardstock.  The cardstock gives the project the weight I think it needs to stand up to a substantial treat like the coffee singles I've used.

So, to start, I began with designer paper that measured 8" x 10 1/2".  Score at 4", rotate and score at 5 1/4".  These dimensions result in a double pocket that measures 4" x 5 1/4".  It easily mats onto a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"  piece of cardstock --which is your standard A2 card! 
The above is a clearer picture of the double pocket.  You must use double sided paper for this!  As you see, the teal pattern is the division between the two pockets!  After adhering with mono, I used my mini machine to stitch around the edges.

The tag and the rest of the project are decorated using Winnie's Warm Wishes and Winter With Winnie both from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.  I love this character and can't wait (hint, hint!) to see her more!

That's all for me today!  Have a great day and don't forget to be awesome!
TTFN, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment