Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Shabby Chic Sympathy......

Happy Tuesday, Sweet Friends!  Thank you for popping over to see my Tuesday, Sweet N Sassy Stamps share! 

I've used the floral image from the Parisian Postcard set for a shabby chic sympathy card.  Praise the Lord, I've had little reason to create many sympathy cards, but decided this should be one due to the softness of the image and the shabby/aged look to the focal piece. 

I started with a portion of water color paper.  After stamping and water coloring the image, I used the application of misted water, sponged ink and a bit of light sanding with my finger tips to age and distress the piece.  I continued the look with additional sponging on the remaining card, some twine and a wooden heart embellishment.  Each flower has a light dusting of glitter, as well.

My sentiment comes from the Keep In Touch, Too set.  There are so many great sentiments in this set, it really was hard to choose which to use.  I sure could have gone in many directions.

I pray your day is productive and warm ;)

Don't forget to be awesome!  TTFN, Jane

I Got Crafty With:




No comments:

Post a Comment